Thursday, January 21, 2016

Storybook Favorites





1. A place to start published by The Entrepreneur. This story is about a different education the character Drona wish he had. Drona wishes high school was not about a standardized schedule but more about hands on stuff and things that would really help us in the future. This topic is not familiar with me but I can relate to what he is saying. The introduction does a great job on explaining the topic and wants me want to read more of it. The layout and design of the page has a huge affect because it is really well done. Overall, the layout and design is fantastic. If I could I would have just copied his design exactly. https://medium.com/the-entreprenuer/arrogant-bennings-20bc31c0a9b1#.n4cp73cft



Image from the Storybook

2. Introduction: From the Journal of Sara Rivers. The storybook is about a criminal investigation and the introduction is a bit of a mystery, which is a great start because it keeps the reader interested in what happens. This topic is not familiar with me so it was an interesting read for me but the topic does a good job in letting me know what the Storybook is about. The overall design is unique and I thought she did a great job of the layout and I would definitely use some features in my own project.
https://sites.google.com/site/cithegoddessfiles/introduction-from-the-journal-of-sara-rivers
Image from the Storybook

3. Law & Order: SSU. The storybook is about the Shape Shifters Unit and this topic is not something I am familiar with but the title does a great job letting me know what to expect from the rest of the reading. As well for the introduction does for explaining the topic and grabs my attention. The creative style of the title led me to read more of the introduction and the layout and design does a great job. The overall design is good because it provides images and easy navigation. I see some things I could use for my storybook as well.https://sites.google.com/site/indianepicslaworderssu/

Image from the Storybook





1 comment:

  1. Thomas, I am so glad you looked at the Entrepreneur Storybook! Josh Birdwell did that project, and he is at Twitter; if you want to learn more about the tools he used for the design, I am sure he would be glad to tell you. Do you use Twitter? Here is his handle: @_birdwell ... I'll tweet him a note; I know he will be really happy to see his project giving someone inspiration this semester!

    ReplyDelete