Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Week 3 Reading Diary: Continued The Ramayana

The Part D section in my opinion is the most exciting part of the book because of the Rama and Ravana battle. The most intriguing part of these types of stories is what is leading up to them. I like reading the details that the author provides leading up to the climax, which I thought was the battle between them. I will start by talking about my favorite part leading up to the fight which is when the author talks about Ravana being surrounded by all the Gods and everyone is throwing flowers around him. Everyone is celebrating see a man that has taken all of the Gods and begin using them for simple tasks. I thought how he worded this section created another picture in my head about what is going on. The author does a create job of doing that in this class which makes me even more interested in reading more. I really like how he used Soorpanaka to make this part become more intense. This detail of how Rama slashed her means that he is getting close but it also seems like Soorpanaka was getting his Ravana head by telling him about Sita and her beauty. If I did not read the rest of this section the reader could take it two ways one which I just said but the other that Ravana should be getting worried that Rama is getting so close to him. This creates the reader to think about what is going to happen next and for me that is important to do for these types of stories. It creates the climax to be even more dramatic when the author can build up to it.



Author: R.K. Narayan Link: iBooks

Image result for ramayana rama and ravana in battle
The battle 

No comments:

Post a Comment