Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Week 5 Reading Diary: House of Fire


For my second half of the reading for Wednesday, I decided to read about the House of Fire. This story is very interesting because of each characters role. The main character to me in this story is the prince Vidura. The story is about how Vidura came to find out about a cruel plot. The cruel plot was by Prince Duryodhana. The reason I have liked this reading and the one before is because of how many characters are involved. The good part of this story is how Vidura acts about the plot. It is interesting how he goes about the news of the plot and tells his family first. I like how the author starts to involve other characters. It makes me think about what I should be doing in my storytelling’s. He describes each character and how they are involved. I think each of my reading’s give me a better idea on how to introduce my characters and describe why they are apart of the story. Each story I have read goes into extreme detail about the plot and also goes into detail about the characters. I believe for me to be a better storyteller, I should be going into more detail about my plot and characters. What I notice about the details is that it makes for a better story and the readers also feel like they know what the author is talking about. I love seeing the story in my head and that’s what I need to be doing for my readers when I write my stories. I should be creating a vision for each reader.


Kunti


Link:House of Fire by Donald A. Mackenzie.


No comments:

Post a Comment