Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Week 5 Reading Diary: Kunti and Her Son


I read the story about Kunti and her son, which is one of the stories in part A of the reading. The story was pretty short but it was filled with interesting details. It gave me a lot of new insight of how the author perceived these characters in his own way. I learned more about multiple characters such as Kunti, Vasudeva, Krishna, Vindhya and Surya. There were many more that were talked about but these were some of the important characters that I got out of the story. One of my favorites was Surya, the god of the sun. He was very interesting because he was a main character and Kunti one day had a dream about him. One of my favorites parts is when she had a vision about him and he drew nigh in the attire of the rajah wearing celestial earrings. To keep in short she basically had a vision of being a mother of his son named Karna. To conceal her newborn “babe” she placed soft sheets around him. This is one of my favorite parts because it introduces the main part of the story and it was very catchy to me. I like how the author gave detail about what was going on. I love seeing pictures in my head about the readings and if it does not create a picture in my head it really does not provide me with any motivation to keep reading. In this case, I could picture what was going on so therefore I kept reading and found this story to be very cool and interesting.


Surya


Link: Kunti and Her Son by Donald A. Mackenzie



No comments:

Post a Comment