Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Week 13 Reading Diary: Continued: The Bride's Choice


For this reading diary I am going to be talking about part B of my reading choice this week. It is called The Bride’s Choice and it is from Mahabharata Book II. This author is very good at writing stories and using great details to describe his story. I have found that he always starts off with an intro in paragraph form so far. I think he does this for the reader because sometimes you get lost in his poetry type stories. They aren’t as easy to follow along like the other stories I have been reading. The other stories so far have more dialogue and they are in paragraph form. They explain the story easier with the dialogue and the paragraphs. It makes it a lot easier with the intro paragraphs to read the story and be like “oh I get what he is trying to say.” I like how the author does this because it helps the reader. I also think it kind of gives the story away to the read which is not a bad thing but at the same time it helps the reader so there is a positive and negative to the story. While reading the story he does use some dialogue but not as much as what I am use to seeing. I think the author does a very good job explaining the story even though it is in poetry form. I have really enjoyed this author so far and I am excited to read next week and finish up the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment