Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Week 13 Reading Diary: The Tournament




In this story it is a lot different then I have been reading. The stories in the past are more storytelling in the normal way. In this reading it gives in introduction into the story then the author tells the story in his own form. His form is more along the lines of poetry. He rights a couple lines that seem to flow with each other like a poem. While reading it I thought it was very unique how someone could write a story like this. Personally I would find it very hard to write a poem or anything like a poem. It takes a lot of creativity and the choice of words is very important. I really enjoy reading something like this because it is different then what I am usually use too. I like these types of stories because it helps me be more creative when I tell my stories. I think reading this helps me writing different types of stories. I do not think I could venture far away from my original stories because I like writing the usually type of stories but putting different twists in them. To get more into this author, I had to really think about what he was saying when he was writing his stories. It was super interesting because I really had to focus on the word choice he was using because choosing words in stories like these are very important. Word choice sets up what the story is about and I thought he did a great job.



Image result for romesh dutt
Romesh Dutt

Mahabharata: The Epic of the Bharatas (The Tournament) by Romesh C. Dutt

No comments:

Post a Comment